Thursday, July 28, 2011

the Union of Ena Hashimoto & Nicholas Allanach

Every time we think we have a handle on life, and that we can make a prediction or "plan" for tomorrow, life gives us decisions to make. Two months ago, Ena and I were going through many big decisions: should we move to Japan for two years (or more) so that I could gain invaluable experience teaching ESL in a foreign country? Or, should we stay in New York to continue living this dream we have spent the last decade working so hard to achieve?

Sure, if everything had gone "as originally planned," we would be in Japan いま. But instead, we decided we love our life here in New York City. Admittedly, I still hope to teach abroad, but for now, I cannot imagine ever having to ever really "leave" New York. I'm confident the woman I love feels the same. I'm also confident we made the right decision.

Now, I can dedicate more time to my duties at The New School, continue teaching ESL here in the city, and spend time with my brother, nephew, and friends.

I'm delighted to say I have (one week before record breaking crowds at the City Clerk's Office) married Ena Hashimoto - the woman I love and (as I promised in this video) cannot imagine a tomorrow without.

I love you Ena.

And we love you New York!

1 comment:

Ron and Ben said...

BRAVO and indeed the right move for both of you!!!

NYC on my mind: Perfect!
Love Dad