Wednesday, July 23, 2008

FOCUS

It’s been difficult to focus on any serious projects this summer. In fact, the only thing I’ve been able to do (and do successfully) is have a good time. “All I want to do is get off” sang the Dandy Warhols, and why not? After all, we’ve been calling this “the best summer ever” or, “B.S.E.”, for short. So it’s natural to want to have fun and forget about projects and plans. Nevertheless, as I approach this final week of July, I look back on a calendar of scrawls and scribbles –plans made, plans cancelled, new plans scheduled—and I cannot help but feel frustrated by the expensive cost of all this activity –my focus. Deadlines are gone. So many distractions so little time. I guess once you start getting real serious about actually living life, you find no time for introspective reassessments of your actions –oh well, leave that work to the biographers.

Time to focus. No sense in updating this page. For now, there's nothing to say that hasn't been said better before by others.

-N

2 comments:

Bee said...

Hey, Nick-

I always look forward to your commentaries because they are from YOUR unique perspective.

Keep on keepin' on!

-Beth Round

Sidney said...

I enjoy reading your commentaries as well, even though I rarely agree with you. That's why you like me though. Hope you don't stop forever.

-Sid Blumenthal